Saturday 21 May 2016

Day 4: Light bulb moment C9 Cleanse


I had another disturbed night's sleep.  Hate it, you know when you reach the point of pure slumber everything is all snuggly and you are blissfully dreaming away, well that's where I was until, yes you guessed it, suddenly awoken with the urgent need to spend a penny.  Once this starts I can be up several times during the night/early hours of the morning which in my opinion is the only inconsiderate effect I have suffered during my cleanse.

Day 4 has been pretty straight forward, managing to take my supplements and gel on time, and keeping my fluid levels up. I have eaten a few strawberries and some grapes which are on the FREE FOOD list.  Most of the day has been occupied with going to a children's birthday party and catching up with the mum's and dad's plus a quick supermarket shop for some essentials. Wasn't tempted by the goodies I would usually lust over, in particular CHOCOLATE!  I needed to spend a penny and so straight home I had to be.

Today has been a good one and a day I realised (light bulb moment) that before I would have eaten just for the sake of eating and not because I was hungry. As well as cleansing from the inside out it's also teaching me new habits and the positives to eating thoughtfully and carefully and being mindful of what my body needs and why. I suddenly recalled the times I would come home from work merrily shovelling countless biscuits into my mouth and slurping down mugs of tea whilst franticly searching the food cupboards for something to prepare for my family and I for tea. 

So hooray to me for taking the steps to change things, this cleanse is doing me the world of good.

Well I won't update again until day 6.  Until then, I shall try to be good.

No comments:

Post a Comment